"If you can fish, fish. If you can sing, sing. If you can fight, fight. Determine what you can do. And do that." Epictetus (as paraphrased by Robert Fuhlgum in What on Earth Have I Done ?)
In keeping with the advice of the above mentioned, but long dead Stoic, I am taking this opportunity to begin my very own blog and attempt to do in it what I like to do best -- write. For subject matter I intend to draw from the rather unusual lifestyle my wife and I have crafted; we live year round at 8700 ft in a much remodeled home built in the 1930's by a Swedish logger in Ryan Park Wyoming. Whenever we can -- weather permitting -- we also sail a trailerable 26 foot sailboat primarily on Alcova Reservoir near Casper Wyoming. When not battling snow in Ryan Park, or too much wind at the reservoir, I work at an on-again, off-again writing life. I've published a short story, am shopping around and revising a crime-fiction novel, and keep my sanity through daily journal entries that often grow into personal essays or poetry. All of what happens here and on the lake constitutes content for News from Moose Crossing.
(About that moose thing. Yes, we have a sizable population of moose in Ryan Park and they frequently pass right in front of the window to my writing office -- hence the name of both our property and this nascent blog.)
No comments:
Post a Comment